CORPORATE FINANCE & COMMERCIAL DEPARTMENT
The Firm provides consultation and services on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including:
- Stock exchange transactions including listings, notifiable transactions, connected transactions, rights issues, warrants and convertible bonds, placings and share option schemes
- Takeovers and merger transactions involving listed companies
- Securities transactions
- Loans and financing
- SFC enquiries
- Stock exchange disciplinary proceedings
- Acquisition and disposition of securities, assets and businesses
- Company spin-offs, group reorganizations, restructuring and schemes of arrangement
- Joint ventures, incorporation, agencies and distributorships
- Hotel business transfers and management
- Franchising and licensing
The clientele of the Firm’s Corporate Finance & Commercial Department include a wide range of clients, from foreign government agencies, public listed companies to private entities.
In addition, solicitors of the Firm often act as liaison in non-legal matters for such clients who are in need of professional advice from investment advisers and merchant banks. It is not unusual for our solicitors to give legal advice to banks or other financial institutions in corporate finance related matters, and advising and assisting in long-term corporate policy and strategic planning, all based on an in-depth understanding of each client’s specific business needs.